Writing is
important because if you can’t write, you can’t communicate effectively. I
would like to be a nurse and in order to become a nurse; you have to be able to
write to communicate to the doctor what you have done, and what needs to be
checked on when it comes to a patient. Failure to be able to write can result
in a patient being seriously hurt or killed. It is imperative to be able to
write in my college courses in order to enter my career, in order to pass all
of my classes, some type of writing is needed. Rather it be doing a lab report
or a research paper, writing is needed to succeed. My writing needs to improve
dramatically to get me where I want to be, I want to be a great writer and the
only way I can achieve that goal is by practice. I know it might be a cliché but
practice makes perfect.
I really like the water color looking background, it makes the blog seem really creative. You made some really good points about nurses needing to communicate well for the safety of their patients. It's really important that we become better communicators, especially in the health field because we are responsible for the lives of other people; if you were in the place of a patient, you would want your caretakers to communicate effectively as well.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, HURRAY!! I finally figured out how to comment on this thing! As you can tell, I'm not exactly tech savvy. Anyway, I have to agree with Anitta; your blog is beautiful! I love the colors! And no, it's not cliche to think that practice makes perfect since it's so true. As a music major, I have to practice piano every day and strive to practice for at least an hour and a half (it really should be more though). I wish you the best of luck! :D
ReplyDeleteThe theme that you chose looks really cool! I'm possibly going into Health Sciences and I also made the reference that writing is very important, especially when it comes to the patients. It could potentially be life threatening for them if there is one little mistake. It's so important to be able to communicate with people in this field because we are constantly going to be around people and learning how to write and communicate effectively now will better ourselves in the future.
ReplyDeleteI love the background you choose it looks very fall. I like the colors and the different like splashes of color. I to have a Health Sciences major and i completely agree we have to know how communicate. It is true that not writing effectively can result in possible misunderstanding and harm to a patient.
ReplyDeleteI too want to be in the health profession, and I like the points you brought up about how important it is that you be good at writing in order to succeed in this field. When in life and death situations, people should not be struggling with clarity!
ReplyDelete