Friday, September 21, 2012

Literacy timeline


Newborn: Said hey to my Aunt when I wasn’t even a day old. Age 4: I started reading Danny and the Dinosaur and Green eggs and ham. Preschool: I was advanced and leading everyone in our ABC’s and steps to becoming literate. Kindergarten: Unfortunately, I lost my top of the class status in Kindergarten and my parents were told I needed help. My reading was all chopped up. First grade: I was excited about reading and constantly had my head in the books. Second grade: I was buying up all of the books in the book fair. Reading was becoming one of my favorite things. Third grade: I was forced to go to a public school because my private school had closed down. My third grade teacher really pushed me as a writer. She formed writing groups; I went from being in the middle level to the highest level in terms of reading capabilities. Fifth grade: At the fifth grade graduation I was awarded the Most Outstanding Student trophy. This was a result of my constant reading. Seventh grade: I was published into a poetry book. Ninth grade: I met the English teacher that would put some style on my writing. Her name was Mrs. Peek. I was blessed with having Mrs. Peek until mid-11th grade. She made me a better writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment